C/LS strives to feature art by Chicana/Latina and Indigenous artists whose work reflects the mission and values of the Journal and MALCS.
If you are interested in having your work considered for the cover and/or contents of the journal, please submit the following to the Lead Editor(s):
- Cover letter that includes a brief bio and description of your art, and your contact information (email and phone number)
- Five digital images (at least 360 dpi)
Co-Lead Editors: Gloria H Cuadraz and C. Alejandra Elenes
c/o Chicana/Latina Studies: The Journal of MALCS
4701 West Thunderbird Road
New College – MC 2151
Arizona State University
Glendale, AZ 85306
Once you are accepted as a featured artist, please prepare to provide the following:
- An Artist Statement approximately 1500 words in length (double-spaced, 12 pt. font) or less that introduces you, describes your philosophy and the images you’ve submitted. Please provide a title for your statement.
- A bio (no more than 250 words)
Artists are paid a nominal amount for the cover and for each image selected for publication. We will send you the following forms:
- A Data Contact Form
- Vendor and W-2 forms
- A signed License Agreement
Authors and Artists are expected to be current members of MALCS during the year in which they are featured. Please follow this link to become a member.